ClimateScience Olympiad 2022 for Innovators ($15,000 prize)
Deadline: August 10, 2022
Applications for the ClimateScience Olympiad 2022 are now open. The ClimateScience Olympiad is a free global competition, engaging youth aged 12-25, to find solutions to some of the most challenging climate issues.
The event is organised by ClimateScience, a UK-based educational charity focusing on climate solutions, who have reached a global audience of over 1 million monthly learners through multiple educational initiatives. The goal is to find solutions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In 2021, the ClimateScience Olympiad reached thousands of participants, in over 149 countries, and held its award ceremony at the United Nations Climate Summit (COP26) in the UK, with guest speakers including Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, and Dr. Renate Christ (fmr. IPCC Director).
- There is a US $15,000 prize pool for the top 10 teams with opportunity to speak at the United Nations Climate Summit, COP27, held in Egypt.
- Participation certificates for all students and become part of a global community on CS Olympiad Discord server.
- Students between the age of 12-25 years can register either solo or in a team of two. Registrations are free for everyone.
- The CSO22 has three age brackets: under 16s, 17-19, and 20-25 years old. Regardless of age, participants compete in the same qualifiers and answer the same type of problem statements. However, the organisers only compare participants within their age brackets. This means theye score the three brackets independently and normalise scores within each.
- You can participate up to 3 times plus once for every referral you make.
Participate on your own or in a team of two, and compete against youths from around the world to find solutions to climate change. The top 10 teams will win a share of the $15,000 prize pool.
For more information, visit ClimateScience Olympiad.