Deadline: July 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Lorne Fraser Scholarship for Mental Health Promotion 2022. The Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Division’s Lorne Fraser Scholarship for Mental Health Promotion is designed to support people with experience of mental illnesses as they pursue post-secondary education.
Since 1982, CMHA BC has been helping people with mental illness further their pursuit of post-secondary education through their scholarship and bursary programs. They are committed to lowering access barriers and would like to ensure that these scholarships and bursaries are available to anyone in British Columbia with lived experience who is pursuing higher education.
- The two scholarships, for $1,000 and $2,000, are awarded annually.
- Applicant should be at least 20 years of age (or will be turning 20 in the upcoming semester) and a resident of British Columbia (current or once classes begin);
- Experience of mental illness or significant substance use challenge;
- Preference will be given to students facing financial hardships, especially due to COVID-19 and those who may not be eligible for other funding;
- Entering the second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate program or any stage of a graduate program at a designated British Columbia university or college;
- Will be enrolled at a recognized BC post-secondary institution by December 1, 2022;
- Educational and vocational goals related to mental health promotion.
- Applicants are NOT eligible if they are currently participating in a government-sponsored job training program or receiving major financial support. Applicants can apply more than once, but are NOT eligible to receive a bursary or scholarship two consecutive years.
- Applicants awarded a bursary who are unable to confirm enrolment by December 1, 2022 will be asked to provide additional documentation to support their extenuating circumstances.
- Changes to recipients’ course or program between the time of award notification and the beginning of the course or program must be discussed with the selection committee in order to remain eligible for the original application.
ONLY electronic submissions will be accepted. Submissions received by mail or fax will be disqualified.
For more information, visit Lorne Fraser Scholarship.