Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Scholarships 2018/19 for Masters in Public Health for Eye Care
Deadline: May 11, 2018
The Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Scholarships 2018/19 for Masters in Public Health for Eye Care is now open for applications. To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
Several scholarships are awarded each year. Each scholarship covers the following:
- all course fees
- two return flights
- dissertation project fund
- living costs
- accommodation with food at the International Students House in Central London.
The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eye health
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC / community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye health activities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eye care
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 11 May, 2018.
- Apply to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for a place on the course:
- For new applicants: LSHTM online application system is open for the 2018/19 academic year now. Apply here.
- For those who have been accepted from 2017/18: if you applied and were accepted to the 2017/18 academic year you must have requested to “be deferred” for the 2018/19 academic year. If you do not already hold a deferred offer of admission you will need to complete a new application.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium Scholarships.