Women of the Future Awards Southeast Asia 2019
Deadline: October 17, 2018
Applications are open for the Women of the Future Awards Southeast Asia 2019. The awards aim to build a platform to showcase regional emerging leaders, who are tomorrow’s game-changers, disrupting stereotypes and driving positive impactful change.
This initiative is an integral part of the vision to build a global, collaborative network of women. Talent shortages are more widespread in Asia than any other region – more than 48% of Asia pacific employees say that talent shortages are posing difficulties in the hiring process. Tapping into under-utilised talent pools is crucial in order to ease the talent shortage in Asia – Women as a demographic group represent an extremely large untapped resource.
Organizers believe that the WOF program can encourage, motivate and provide role models to inspire and strengthen the female talent pipeline and in the process create a global community of supportive and collaborative women.
- Business: This award is for a dedicated businesswoman, thriving in South East Asia. This award is open to employees of both public, publicly quoted and privately owned organizations.
- Arts & Culture: Are you a budding actress or an energetic film producer, an artist or a choreographer? This award acknowledges the creative forces of the future – rising stars among performing artists and those behind the scenes.
- Community & Public Service: This category recognises the extraordinary and varied contributions of traditional “public servants”, charity and volunteer workers. They are also seeking submissions from community-spirited young women in business, philanthropic individuals, entrepreneurs leading positive social action.
- Entrepreneur: This award identifies and celebrates younger entrepreneurs who are really going places. Judges will be looking for candidates who have already started to build a business (or businesses), and who can show they have the ambition, energy, skill and vision to scale the heights.
- Media & Communications: This award acknowledges the rising stars among media professionals.
- Professions: This award recognises women who are making a significant contribution in the professions of legal, medicine, architecture, accounting, insurance, education in the region.
- Science, Technology & Digital: This category recognises a group of truly remarkable young females, forging new ground in scientific endeavours, as well as ground-breaking achievements in the worlds of digital and technology.
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure: This award is for a female professional who shape the world we live in through their work in either property, construction or infrastructure.
- Social Entrepreneur: This award identifies and celebrates altruistic social entrepreneurs who have founded an enterprise focused on achieving sustainable and meaningful social change through their work and who show they have the ambition, energy, skill and vision to positively impact and optimise social value creation.
- Mentor of the Year: This award recognises active mentors behind the success of younger women in Southeast Asia. This award pays tribute to some of the most influential and unsung heroes and heroines who are strengthening the pipeline of female talent in the region. The award is open to men and women of all ages. They do not have to be citizens of the countries but have to have lived in Southeast Asia for at least 2 years.
- Open to all women aged 35 or under (candidates must be aged 35 or under on March 21, 2019);
- Candidates must be citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Singapore and Vietnam.
For more information, visit Women of the Future Award.