Deadline: December 15, 2019
Applications for the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme 2020 are now open. They are looking for smart, ambitious graduates or early-career reporters to join their global team of 2,500 text and visuals journalists and tell the stories that matter.
The Reuters news reaches a global audience of more than 1 billion people each day. From politics and finance to sports and showbiz, they are committed to fast, accurate and independent reporting. In everything they do, they strive for insight and impact.
The Scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020. Participants will undergo intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or United Arab Emirates. They also have the opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if they perform strongly.
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
Applicants should have
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- Drive to build sources and break news
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
Other useful skills (Not prerequisites)
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
- You should apply directly via the careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
For more information, visit Reuters Journalism Training.