International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) Women Deliver Reporting Grants 2020 (Total grant of $40,000)
Deadline: February 16, 2020
Applications are open for the IWMF Women Deliver Reporting Grants 2020. This grant initiative seeks to address the need for reporting and increased media coverage of women and girls as agents of positive change in developing countries.
Too often, girls and women are portrayed solely as victims or recipients of aid, rather than the strong agents of change that they are – worthy of the world’s investment. Whether it’s responding to humanitarian crises, championing their sexual and reproductive health and rights, addressing climate change, or tackling the world’s economic problems – women are on the front line of solving the globe’s most significant challenges.
This initiative is funded by Women Deliver, a global advocacy organization that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women.
- A total amount of $40,000 reporting grant will be awarded to individuals or teams. The estimate of each grant size will range from $3,000 to $10,000.
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply. The IWMF believes that gender does not conform to one notion. We are inclusive of all journalists who identify as women and non-binary people.
- Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however, the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
- Applicants to this initiative are required to submit a publishing plan with news outlets from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States.
For more information, visit IWMF.