Deadline: July 1, 2020
Applications for the Marion Dönhoff Fellowship 2020/2021 at the Michael Succow Foundation are now open. The Marion Dönhof Foundation funding fellowships at the Michael Succow Foundation creates a unique chance for post-graduate research on environmental issues focusing on the region of post-soviet states. With this fellowship two renowned foundations make a joint effort for an environmentally aware, responsible and proactive youth.
The programme goals include:
- Promoting the critical analysis and debate about issues relevant for sustainability and the environment.
- Supporting a critical East-Western dialogue on environment and sustainability.
- Fostering the media debate on these issues.
- Supporting regional and international networks.
- The fellowship funds a study and work visit in Germany for up to five months. Up to four persons a year are eligible to receive the grant.
- Open to post-graduates with professional experience and activists of civil society networks and groups in the fields of political ecology, environmental journalism or sustainable development.
- The fellowship can ONLY be awarded to suitable candidates who come from post-soviet states.
- The applicants should be between 25 and 38 years old.
- Good language skills in English or German (written and spoken) are required. In exceptional cases and given outstanding qualifications, applications in Russian language can be accepted.
Eligible countries of origin of applicants are: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Russia, Moldova, Ukraine, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia.
Applications can be handed in by email. They should comprise the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (one page)
- Project description of issue to be analysed (up to three pages)
- Proof of language skills
- Copy/scan of passport
Send application documents to Dilfuza Yuldasheva via [email protected]
For more information, visit Marion Dönhoff Fellowship.