Apply for the Keeling Curve Prize 2021 (up to $25,000)
Deadline: February 10, 2021
Applications are open for the Keeling Curve Prize 2021. Each year, they locate and fund the best climate solutions the world has to offer. Their goal is to bend the Keeling Curve. To that end, they’re looking for projects with a proven track record of taking greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere.
They have developed five categories, each one addressing a specific sector of climate innovation:
- Capture & Utilization: Projects in this category are advancing technological and nature-based strategies for capturing and/or utilizing heat-trapping gases from the air or oceans.
- Energy: Projects in this category decarbonize energy, support zero-carbon energy innovations, and lead the way in improving the supply, distribution, and access of low or zero-emissions energy systems worldwide.
- Finance: Projects in this category are making financial mechanisms and economics work for greenhouse gas reduction and/or reversal ventures.
- Social & Cultural Pathways: Projects in this category are changing the way people consider, understand, and act concerning human impacts on planet Earth. They are trying to answer the question: what does it take, socially and culturally, to develop beyond fossil fuels?
- Transport & Mobility: Projects that apply in this category are reimagining and reinventing all types of vehicles, fuels, and mobility options for both people and products. These projects will confront the carbon footprint of the vehicles themselves and the routes traveled.
- They award $25,000 to two projects in each category annually.
- They welcome entries for active projects or programs (not ideas or untested hypotheses) from anywhere in the world.
- Prizes are awarded for ongoing work only (not as a reward for unimplemented ideas or past work).
- They will not award prizes to the same applicants two years in a row. However, if you are not awarded, you may apply the next year and in any subsequent years.
- You may submit for multiple categories, but you will only be eligible to win in one category during any given year.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not attempt to quantify their emissions reductions or financial scalability will not be considered.