Eurasia Hub 2021 Multi-mode Course in Natural Resources for Sustainable Development (Fully-funded to Baku)
Deadline: February 15, 2020
Eurasia Hub invites applications for the the next iteration of the multi-mode course in Natural Resources for Sustainable Development. The multi-mode course offers a well-grounded knowledge of theories and practices for efficient resource governance.
The overarching goal of the course is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary:
- For building a broad understanding of policy challenges in resource governance with an in-depth focus on legal and fiscal framework and revenue management
- For developing policy scenarios with integrating analytical tools into forming an information base in the decision-making process
- For assessing most relevant decisions in achieving specific country development priorities
- For building up necessary skills in usage of data in evidence-based policymaking
The program aims to facilitate a rich dialogue about best practices from around the globe and their lessons for countries in the region. Lectures, online Q&A’s and discussions combined with practical work based on case studies, policy analysis and peer-to-peer exchange with practitioners and experts in the field will help participants to share experience in reversing the resource curse for sustainable development.
Due to the pandemic the Hub is organizing the second iteration of the course and will conduct the online phase in Fall-Winter 2021. The participants of the new iteration will get a chance of joining the residential phase together with the most successful participants of the online course from the Spring 2020 edition. In addition to modules in data analysis, revenue management and contracting the participants of the online phase will have an opportunity to participate in an online discussion with Eurasia Hub experts on the consequences of COVID-19 for resource-rich countries of the region.
The program will consist of three stages.
- Online stage (2 months)
- Residential stage (10 days)
- Final Assignment
Eurasia Hub will cover all the costs of the course for selected participants. This includes accommodation, meals, transport (flight tickets) to Baku and airport transfers within Baku. The costs occurring during the travel to and from the airport at the location of residency will not be covered by the Hub. Please note that self-funded participants are also welcome.
- Open to mid-level government, senior parliamentary staff, specialized civil society and media, international development agencies and private company representatives, as well as academics and researchers from countries of the Eurasia region: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Self-funded participants are welcome.
- The working language of the course is Russian. Materials in both English and Russian languages will be used.
To apply, please complete and submit the online application form below.
For more information, visit Eurasia Hub.