Deadline: July 27, 2021
Applications for the British Council FameLab Climate Change Communicators Competition 2021 are now open. The FameLab Climate Change Communicators is a global online competition and training event to build trust in climate science.
They invite aspiring climate change communicators to submit a video giving a three-minute talk in English related to the theme of ‘Trust in Climate Science’. Whether you’re an early career researcher, working on climate change projects – or simply passionate about explaining climate science to new audiences – they would love to hear from you.
Ten finalists will be selected to go head-to-head in the FameLab Climate Challenge Communicators Online Final in September 2021 to battle it out for first place – who will wow judges and global audiences and be crowned winner?
- All finalists will take part in a two-day online masterclass delivered by leading science communication trainers.
- You will meet and interact with an experienced panel of judges, and join a network of like-minded people from all over the world, as well as the wider FameLab community.
- The overall winner of the FameLab Climate Change Communicators will be awarded a place in the FameLab International Online Final in November, where you will join over 20 countries for further training, networking and the opportunity to compete to be the global FameLab International Winner 2021.
- Open to applicants aged 21 years of age or above;
- Based in one of the following participating countries for the purposes of study, research or long-term paid/voluntary employment: Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Turkey, Uganda or Vietnam;
- Studying or working in roles that relate to science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics;
- Individuals working in climate change related work in organisations such as non-government organisations (NGO) and charities are welcome to apply.
Entering is simple. Before you get your camera, read the following Recording Tips:
- Specialist equipment to record your video is not required. For example, you can use a camera on a smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Plan your filming location. They suggest you find a quiet location for recording with background noise to a minimum. You may use ear/head phones with a microphone.
- Frame the camera so that you face and shoulders are visible and that you look directly into the camera when speaking. Make sure your camera is stable when recording. When you are happy with your video entry, upload it to a video sharing platform e.g. YouTube, Vimeo. (You can set this to private if you wish).
- Complete the short online application form to tell them about yourself and include the link to your video entry. A preview of the questions is available at the top of the online application form.
Submit your video entry by July 27, 2021 at 23.59 UK time.
For more information, visit FameLab.