Allard Photography Competition 2023 (CAD$1,000 prize)
Deadline: May 1, 2023
Applications are open for the Allard Photography Competition 2023. The bi-annual Allard Photography Competition, which recognizes photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize, is adjudicated by the Allard Prize Committee and Maxe Fisher, Retired Professor, Faculty of Design + Dynamic Media, Emily Carr University of Art + Design.
Photographers are encouraged to submit entries year-round. Entries should reflect themes of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally. They also particularly welcome entries that depict corruption and human rights violations in the developed world.
- Each winning photograph will receive CAD $1,000 and be featured on the Allard Prize website, with a brief description and the photographer’s name, for six months.
- Winning entries will be archived as a past winner on the website afterward.
- Open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry.
- Members of the Allard Prize Photography Competition Jury, the Allard Prize Committee and the Allard Prize Advisory Board are not eligible to participate during their terms as Jury, Committee or Advisory Board members and for one year following the end of their terms.
To enter the Competition, entrants must upload their photograph and complete the online submission form including:
- a brief description (up to 1200 characters) of the photograph, describing how the photograph reflects the themes of the Allard Prize of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability and the rule of law, or of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally; and
- a brief biography of the Entrant
For more information, visit Allard Photography Competition.