Knowledge Management Fund 2020 Call for Proposals for Events, Research ideas and Initiatives on “Harnessing Potential” (Up to €15,000)
Deadline: March 13, 2020
Applications for the Knowledge Management Fund 2020 are open. The Knowledge Management Fund is the Knowledge Platform’s instrument to financially support activities arising from its network. The small-scale grants awarded by the Fund offer a low barrier to entry for innovative, agile and experimental proposals. The aim of proposals is to diversify thinking and evidence in the Security & Rule of Law (SRoL) field, particularly in Fragile and Conflict-Affected Settings (FCAS).
The KMF is a €300,000 annual fund that awards grants for 6-month projects of up to €15,000 for events, research ideas and other initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of knowledge generated by the SRoL field, and its subsequent uptake. This year’s Thematic Headline is “Harnessing Potential”.
Grants for 6-month projects of up to €15,000 for events, research ideas and other initiatives that contribute to improving the quality of knowledge generated by the SRoL field, and its subsequent uptake.
This year’s Thematic Headline is “Harnessing Potential”.
- Applications are open to any consortium or individual with the ambition to improve policies, programs or knowledge in the field of security and rule of law in fragile and conflict affected countries.
- Think-tanks, NGOs, academics, universities, private sector organizations, government institutions, journalists, independent researchers or innovators, and data specialists are all welcome to submit proposals.
- Partnerships between individuals and organizations and across the range of sectors within our network are highly encouraged. In particular, the KMF welcomes partnerships that link people from different regions of the globe.
- Applicants’ submissions will be assessed on their alignment with the thematic headline, “Harnessing Potential”. Applicants may freely choose their topical focus within the Security and Rule of Law (SRoL) field: (inter alia) human security, justice & security sector reform, security governance, conflict & climate change, informal justice, political governance, access to justice, violence prevention, transitional justice, peacekeeping, peace processes and political representation.
All applications must:
- Include a prospective budget not to exceed €15,000, with 20% co-funding committed, that complies with all guidelines and requirements as detailed in the budget template
- Begin within 6 weeks of funds being awarded, with a running time not exceeding 6 months
Due to the amount of applications received, applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be assessed. If you have any questions regarding your application’s eligibility please contact KMF@kpsrl.org before submission.
For more information, visit Knowledge Management Fund.